Meet New Friends, Learn to Sail, Have Fun!
Sailing programs – July & August
- Programs run Monday through Friday; mornings (9 a.m. to 12 noon), afternoons (1 to 4 p.m.) or all day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Supervised Lunch Program available for our younger sailors. If sailors are registered in the afternoon tennis program at the Tennis Club, this includes a “walk up” to the tennis club!
- C.Y.A. Certified Instructors
- C.Y.A. CANSail Programs including
- Young Salts (for age 7)
- CANSail 1 (age 8+)
- CANSail 2
- CANSail 3
- CANSail 4
- CANSail 5
- CANSail 6
- Teen Sailing
See a full description and explanation of the CANSail program.
Fleet of sailboats include:
- Laser IIs
- Activity Nights, most Thursdays at the Clubhouse
- Weekend Races
- Exchange Regattas with other clubs
- Awards Nights at end of July and August
Program participant requirements
- Minimum age of 8 as of December 31st for CANSail Programs (Age 7 for Young Salts)
- We welcome members and non-members to register for our Junior Sailing programs.
- Programs are offered on a weekly basis for 8 weeks
- Classes fill quickly and requests are prioritized based on the date the completed application, a signed release and payment are received.
- Please bring your own Government approved life jacket, towel and change of clothes. Footwear must be worn at all times.
- Swimming tests will be given on the first day of lessons – sailors must be able to swim 50 yards and tread water or float for five minutes
- If space is available, house guests of sailing membership families are welcome to participate