Monday – Friday mornings
Wednesday – Full day 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 4 p.m.
|JULY||July 4 – July 29 (4 week program)|
|AUGUST||August 1 – 26 (4 week program)|
|FULL SUMMER||July 4 – August 26 (8 week program)|
*Minimum one month commitment
- CANSail 1 achieved
- Under 15 years of age
- Each sailor will have a race quality Optimist to train and compete in.
- Sailors in this program will be able to achieve their CANSail levels 2-6 but the focus will be on developing their boat handling skills and race tactics.
- Be part of a team, have fun and take your sailing to the next level.
The Optimist Race team will have the opportunity to participate in 2 regattas this summer.
- Steers Regatta – July 21- 22 – Port Credit Yacht Club, Mississauga :
- Opti Cottage Club Regatta – August (Date TBD) – LBSC, Lake of Bays
***There will be additional costs to enter these regattas which may include travel, food and entrance fees. Both regattas will be optional.
Each racer accepted into the program will be provided with a race quality Optimist for the duration of the session. Boats are limited therefore privately owned Optimists are welcome.
LBSC has a limited number of club Optimists. If we have more interested participants than available boats, we will hold a lottery to select the team and then start a waitlist.
If you are interested in applying for this program please fill out the Google form below by May 14, 2022.
We will communicate if your sailor has been accepted into the program before LBSC opens up their registration at the end of May.
If you have any additional questions please email Lara Lever, or call 647-291-1421.