We sure were thrilled to be able to provide a summer of COVID safe sailing and fun. It was such a pleasure being able to open and re-unite with our LBSC community in the midst of such unusual times.
Now that our last week is under way, we are looking forward to celebrating our sailors’ efforts and achievements this Friday, August 28th with a Fun Day and Awards from 10AM-3PM. The awards portion will include our traditional sailing awards ceremony and slideshow.
All sailors are welcome at the club from 10AM-3PM for a Fun Day tournament filled with COVID friendly games, events and sailing awards. Parents that are able to attend are asked to arrive at 2PM for the awards ceremony.
What sailors need to bring:
- bathing suit
- lunch (no BBQ offered; our no food sharing policy still applies)
- change of clothes (warm)
What parents need to know:
- after you park your car or boat, please keep a 2M distance from those outside of your household
- bring a mask
- there will be a section designated for you and a separate section for the sailors
- as the ceremony comes to a close please keep your distance from those outside your household and follow the exit flows that will be set up
- wearing a mask is recommended while on-site
Please respond to me separately with who from your household will be attending, so I will have an accurate list for tracing and spacing. The outdoor gathering limit we are bound to is 100 people, so please keep those attending to immediate family members.
Last but not least, Michelle Carruthers will be setting up a clothing booth near the garage door if you would like to purchase LBSC merchandise at our site before or after the awards ceremony.
We are really excited to wrap up the summer this Friday with our special Fun Day and Awards!!! Thank you all for your patience and support for LBSC this summer. The response from the membership has been unmatched and so appreciated.